Tuesday, October 14, 2008

11 1/2 things!

Yay, half way through. I have learned some interesting things. Some I probably won't use much, some I will explore further. The internet is a double-edged sword though. It would be too easy to spend half your life exploring it, and there is a lot of meaningless stuff to find here. However, there are some good things to find and use - searching is the hard part in my experience.



Videos on the web (youtube etc). Again, some cool ways we could use them in libraries: self-paced intro to libraries, book reviews by staff or customers, tours of the library. They would have to be carefully marketed though, so no-one thinks we are getting rid of staff and replacing them with pixels! Some of the videos I saw were pretty awful - as you'd expect, since you can put up what you like it seems (I will never get back the 10 seconds I wasted watching the first lego video I saw!) but at least then people will comment on your stuff and you might improve your video creation skills.

Image from photobucket, mmmm pancakes! Person who created this seems to like pancakes, and cats! Good combo.

Found a cool video to put in here, but will do it later after I've read up on the terms and conditions.
Catch you later :)

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

Now that is an awesome video. Very clever dubbing!