Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Something about RSS

RSS makes it simple to quickly check for updates from interesting sites you've found. I didn't find many sites that I wanted to add, but I chose the local ABC news, some library sites, some gardening and philosophy sites, and I added my favourite online comic "Order of the stick" which is hilarous (highly recommended for RPGers)! You can check it out here: http://www.giantitp.com/index.html. I also took the cheaty option and selected from bloglines' suggested feeds, some of which might be quite interesting.

I think this will be useful for work by prompting discussion of library related things - ideas and solutions that we might be able to use, and seeing what has worked for others.

It would be handy way to distribute new procedures, if people wanted subscribe to such a blog.

The libraryBytes blog has plenty of ideas to digest, which is cool.

I'm sure I will add more RSS feeds as I come across them.

2 comments:

Anon. said...

I love OotS, too! A friend of mine has the Dungeon of Dorukan boarsd game. It's heaps of fun :)

Troll said...

OotS is definitely a favourite. Erfworld off the same page is also a great one- brilliant art too.